Stat Stuff & Meta Update

No new is good news
No news is good news, or, as the English King James I wrote in 1616 'No newis is bettir than evill newis.' Anyway, I'm doing fine thanks! I hope the same holds true for Murlu (murlu.com). I was following his blog already for a while, for reasons I blogged about before. After leaving his job, cranking up the posting speed, and then leaving for Japan, all went silent: his main blog since march, his traveling blog since april. His Twitter feed continues, but all tweets since April appear automated. That's odd isn't it? And Spooky.

Referral spam killed the fun
What is odd as well, is referral spam. I blogged about it before, mainly focusing on one player that went pretty far and made things worth diving into. Then at some point my Blogger statistics went crazy with tons of weird sites. Here's my all-time top list of referrers:

getrxpills.com
edprescriptiondrugs.com
antibiotics-shop.com
basicpills.com
god-sersy.livejournal.com
9pillsonline.com
condition.dn.ua
deluxetravelua.com
amoxil-pharm.com
e-pharmacy-online.com

I don't recommend visiting any of those. It sure killed the fun of tracking Blogger's statistics. Google's Analytics however is not disturbed by all this (funny fact: they're both owned by the same company). So I've slowly switched to tracking that and webmaster tools, and reactions and follower counts both on Blogger and Feedburner. As long as Blogger doesn't do anything to defend against this, Blogger stats are plain useless, and a waste of programmer's time!

Back in town
Basically, Google Analytics showed an increase in visitors over time, even without new posts arriving. This encouraged me to return to the front line. Both my own activities and things happening in the outside world give rise to lots of stuff to talk about. A lot of my time recently went into the development of a Facebook application. Developing an app for Facebook, and learning more about this humongous beast of a website along the way, was surely an interesting process. Now there's the question: will it blend? Will our ideas, our technical implementations and - most important of all - our user's interests and demands mix into something sustainable? More about that later!

Post Scriptum
In other news, my first offspring blog wasn't really going anywhere. And my priorities have been such that a second one has not aired (yet). My company's doing fine although the Facebook activities are actually out of it's scope and hopefully will result in another one launched soon.

1 opmerking: