Be thankful

I'm just home after a great night with my friends. There was a lot of food, drinks, presents and most importantly: joy. It is so nice to be around people that accept you the way you are. It is a cliché, I know. But that doesn't make it less true.

Count your Blessings
If good things are in your life, don't take them for granted. Be aware. Be thankful. I was actually just writing this post to write about how good it is to have nice friends. But once you start counting, there's always so much more!

Food
Perhaps you are religious and thank for your food every dinner (in which case I hope you don't forget to feel thankful as well). Otherwise, perhaps you should? Every year 15 million children die of hunger. Fif-teen-mil-lion. Of hunger alone. Think of that! Don't feel guilty with every bite you take, but be aware. And be thankful.

Friends
So we had this discussion today about those that didn't fit in our group and were perhaps left behind a little. Where actually does ones responsibility stop? Respecting others - even those that do not share any interest with you - might be a good start. But then what?

I do think those that are snug and secure in a group have some responsibility towards those who don't. It is the easiest thing to - once you are taken up in a group - lean back and enjoy the ride. Well, enjoy you should. Lean back, to my opinion, you should not.

Getting respect and acknowledgement can often be painstakingly hard and depends on others. Giving it however is easy and something you can do, always, without being dependent on others. The nice (or perhaps idealistic) thing of course is: once when we all give it, getting it comes for free as well!

Now, I'm gonna be thankful for the sleep I will get, for the protection of my house, the warmth of my bed, and for the men and women who are awake during that time to keep everything running. And for you of course. Reading this. Thank. You.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten