Technorati

Dear computers of Technorati: this is really me! P3C3RKJSRB7W

To all other folks reading this
So in parallel to finding my niche in this December blog month,  I've been getting more and more interested in the blogosphere as a whole. I still stand behind my main point concerning SEO, saying that good content is more important than good SEO. However, getting people to your page will at one point or another be an important issue. One blog stated that the effort put in getting people to your blog will nowadays roughly equal the effort put in maintaining the blog itself. Even the best newspapers spent money on marketing, even Coca Cola makes commercials (wonder what they will come up with this Christmas!).

Marketing
So, once you have a good product, marketing does become an issue. SEO is a (small) part of it, and it should by no means be overvalued to the extend where one resides to black art measures such as referral/email/comment spamming. Apart from SEO, other marketing tools can - and perhaps even should - be explored.

I had heard about Technorati before, but never really realized what it was. Now I know (vaguely). Technorati is a search engine for blogs. It works more real time than regular search engines (Google is catching up though). Besides, Technorati adds a lot of extra 'information' (rankings for instance, stuff that's rising or falling, etc.). For now I claimed my blog, hoping it will be incorporated into their huge database. Let's see where it goes from there. I will most certainly keep you all posted on this!

PS: My blog
Nope, this blog does - in my opinion - not represent what I mean with good content (yet), just so you know. Nevertheless I find it interesting to explore various approaches of getting ones message across to the public. Especially since this (and marketing as a whole) is one of my blind spots. Given my aspirations on starting up a company and making some money from the web at some point in the future, it seemed wise to do something about that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten